Monday Report–on Tuesday
Tuesday after Labor Day Update:
1. The “Demerit System” with the kids is going well. I think it works best for kids my kids ages (range 8-12), clear expectations, moral support, clear consequences, and opportunities to work off points. I want to teach work skills as part of it, so days they’ve neglected more work, they have the chance to work it off. It’s usually “dreaded jobs”.
2. The Prorunner podcasts are going pretty well. I walked 4o minutes for 10 days before I started it–about 2 miles a day, five days a week. Week one went well. Week two, I’m not sure about yet.
I tried Week 2 Sunday and had some problems with both knees. I took Monday off, then switched back to Week 1 today and ran the emergency lane–more of an incline, and I missed the friendly walking trail people, but in a time pinch, it worked.
The point is…I’m doing something. My knees don’t hurt tonight. I looked at some knee ice packs at Rite Aid and may buy them, but they are $17 each…not sure the expense is justified–remembered I had a heating pad that can also be put in the freezer with ropes on each end, and some gel ice packs they gave me for my eyes last year. I used those this afternoon. I’ve only taken Tri-Flex today, no Alleve (dropped the muscle relaxer for my back…Ichronic issues lately from a flare).
3. House. Things are getting more ordered. I try to do maintenance cleaning and two major chores every day, plus a small part of a big job I’m dreading if I’m caught up. It’s small steps, but I’m maintaining and building. My next steps are more clean out in the guest/craft room, total garage ordering (little, bitty, tiny, small steps), and the mud room bath walls (microscopic steps).
4. The Love Dare: we are doing this at church and it’s taking some concentrated energy, but we are enjoying it for the most part. It brought a fresh wind the first week we enjoyed. We are leading a table group. We had to ask each other three things that annoyed one another that we will work on to honor each other last night…not my favorite day of the process, but I’m trying to be willing. I’m annoyed by some of the annoyances today more than I’m trying, I have to admit, but by the grace of God, I’ll get there. It’s worth it if that’s what blesses my man.
5. Allergy season is upon us. The great state of Kentucky blesses us with abundant pollination. Currently, I have an allergy headache as punishment for not taking my Claritin this morning. I’m pretty useless at the moment, but need to fluff some clothes for about the second time today. Why they only buzz once from that cycle is beyond comprehension.
6. Watching America’s Got Talent, only the sound is really bad on our TV tonight for local stations for some reason.
7. The Hub has late meetings tonight and it always makes for a very long day when that happens. Neither of us like meetings on weeknights and pretty much avoid them these days. It just throws things out of synch…and we were already out of synch with the long weekend. I need to check backpacks!
Entry filed under: Everyday.