Saturday Stuffs of August 09
1. Today, I bought Celestial Seasonings Hazelnut/Vanilla new bag of coffee beans at a yard sale for $2. What are the odds? Coffee. Really? In the two flavors I love? God is so good.
Just used my goodwill coffee grinder to try it out today.
I can drink it with just a little of my splenda/sugar mix and NO cream! People…this is a huge milestone. I used to go to the ends of the earth to get a coffee blend we liked…I can’t even tell you what that process involved. Three coffees, two creamers and two sugars. I had to have enough energy to even make my energy drink.
This is much easier to fix and get drinkable for me! YAY to ease! A coffee maker with a timer and I’ll be good to go!
2. This afternoon, I’m enjoying preparing for my new 2nd grade Sunday School class. I almost quit this year, but was so sad when the day came, I woke up with tears in my eyes…I missed it so much!
Turns out, they couldn’t find a teacher.
I’m realizing it was one of the greatest joys of my life, though I have much to learn still to be a good teacher I want to be.
I still hope I find someone to teach every other week so I can be with my man in Sunday School, too–very important to me.
I’m trying to decide on a font for a craft…I love that they love my crafts! They enable me. I can’t stop thinking “but I can use this for Sunday School”.
3. Love seeing people still being creative, even when I’ve taken a wee break.
4. Shucked corn from my neighbor’s garden today. Carried in a new bright, lime green basket. I loved the whole experience of fixing the corn and some corn bread and tomatoes. We had are having a scattered Saturday of various personal projects and plans, but it’s good to have something on the stove at some point for the family!
5. I’m still trying to get rid of gnats, but it’s annoying me a little less! I haven’t found “the solution” yet, but I’m about to start looking again!
6. I canned my 14 quarts of green beans! Major WHEW. Always very proud of myself for the effort of just finding everything I need again. I’ve had a huge energy crisis the last few days for a number of reasons, so I seriously didn’t know if I could swing it. My mom helped a ton…she broke them for me! I hope to have a few more. Getting very low. We eat canned some, too, so I don’t really have to supply for the whole winter, but I like it with cornbread southern-style meals.
7. I slept GOOD last night and am feeling a little more human today. Finally. I hope this trend continues! My body doesn’t handle lack of rest like it used to.
8. I need to go over a couple praise band songs. Our new online system planning system is very nice and handy because I don’t have to pick up music and a CD…however, I’ll miss not having that CD on Saturday night when I need to fine tune and the fam is watching TV in here.
9. I hope we can get out to a Saturday concert for just a bit tonight…they are supposed to be renown.
10. I’m loving facebook and farmtown for just something different to keep up with locals and see their smiley comments. It is like meet and great a few times a day when I need a lift. It has it’s limits, but I’m enjoying it.
11. The kids are settling in school. I have happy thoughts at times and sad thoughts at times, but I just keep praying and can’t wait overall for about the third week of school when all things start to level out again and new joys come for all.
12. I’d LOVE to upload pics to go with this post…I have a few…but I have too much catching up to do today with laundry and getting things ready for tomorrow…maybe later I can post some “afterward” photos!
Love you guys!
Entry filed under: Everyday.