Joyful, Patient, Faithful
- Today is the last day of our extended school days to make up for the ice storm. I’d hoped to get out of town for an extended shopping day during this time, but decided ebay was better than driving for the things on my list to shop for anyway, so no driving. I hate to drive to shop…it’s like a double whammy. I must be missing some female gene. Actually, I think it’s just that the thrill of the find doesn’t outweigh the cost of the trip and the lost day at home, which means I’m even more behind when I get back. The older I get, the more I like being able to stay on top of things at home in my own time instead of having to play catch up. There is a comfort in getting it done when you feel like it. Or is that being spoiled? I’m not sure you can be spoiled when it comes to talking about laundry…it’s just a service act all your life.
- Preparing the house and a light meal for our finance leader wrap up at the house Saturday, some light foods and snacks. Praying for continued freedom for families and our body in this area. (Pork Loin sandwiches, chips, fruit, veggies, others bring some drinks and dessert, already bought paper plates and napkins, will buy Hawaiin bread fresh Sunday, and pick up extra chairs).
- Preparing music for Sunday night. Trying to avoid the Sunday night crunch.
- Starting to getting over my cold, slowly. Very tired yesterday. Not great today, but better.
- Trying to decide on flowers for the summer. Where. What. Why. When. How.
- Enjoying a few new tools in my craft room for review. Will post those soon, hopefully.
- Preparing for a long weekend of a million things going on at once and only one of me to go around.
- Needing to prepare to teach Sunday School Sunday AM, switch laundry, and do a list of “to-do” stuff of total randomness, like “vacuum popcorn out from under the recliners in case they have to be moved Sunday to accommodate more seating”.
- The Hub took us out for dinner last night to try to get me out of the kitchen (cold)…hopefully pizza night tonight will save me. Will thaw a party ham I found on sale a week ago to fill in the weekend’s needs, perhaps.
- Found some additional silverware to match the Oneida we registered for when we got married, the only thing we registered for. We only got about 3 sets, but used wedding money to get us to up 8. With five people in our family now, that doesn’t go far, so I bought five more discontinued used sets on ebay last weekend…they came yesterday and I’m so happy! I found some tea spoons (not teaspoons, but TEA spoons) last week I went on and bought for Sundays in glasses and, of couse, stirring splenda into tea. Glad to find them! LOVE late wedding gifts! 😀
- Working on gifts for Nathan’s birthday in June.
- Considering when to move my craft area out of the guest room and downstairs…mixed feelings about it and how that might work. The kids do play a lot down there…but, the kids play a lot down there!
- Need to finish caulking and painting trim from last year…perhaps when my cold is better.
- Verse of the week: “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” (Romans 12:12). That packs a lot in there…goes along with the thought I’ve heard said many times, “Either you have just come through trouble, are in the middle of it, or about to see it.” Life happens to all of us, be ready! And that’s how.
Entry filed under: Everyday.