Friday Thanks (14) and Stuff
Today was a day of Wii Fit, feeding kids, transporting kids, getting to the library, post office, grocery store, and Wal*Mart. And…I cleaned the bathroom some.
On these days, it’s hard to know what to “blog” about. But, these days happen, and I value the energy that makes me want to tackle chores, the time to do it uninterrupted, and the small blessings that come in answered prayers–today…not having to drive six hours to an airport tomorrow to get Mom. SO glad her flight was redirected closer to home! Thank you, Lord Jesus! And thank you for those friends I called in a hurry, not sure I could spend like fourteen hours in a car, in one day…or that I could ask anyone else to do it! THANK YOU! You are lifesavers.
Tonight, we watched the movie “Bedtime Stories”. It was pretty funny. We had our doubts about it and saved it for rental, but it was actually pretty funny.
We also saw “Monsters versus Aliens” in 3-D. Yes, the tickets were outrageous, but it was a Spring Break treat, so we were thrilled to get to go in Nashville to see it. We loved it.
I only wish I could take photos in the theater of my little seven year old red-head beside me, huge 3-D goggles on, popcorn bowl up to his eyelids, transfixed to the big screen…SO CUTE I could have eaten him up!
Tomorrow, our first week of coaching Upward soccer has been cancelled due to rain. We are disappointed. Those little guys are SO excited. Ours keeps putting on his jersey. One Dad has called me a couple times…his son’s first time and they want to be sure they remember everything. It’s really darlin’.
You might ask what I know about soccer…well, very little, EXCEPT how to be a soccer mom. This year they are doing the half-time devotions differently, so I’m thrilled to get a role change from devotional writer and hander outer to assistant coach.
I need to come up with a good Easter-Palm Sunday craft for my 2nd grade Sunday School class for this Sunday. I don’t get them next week, so I want a jump start…any ideas? Time for some web surfing? Or will one of you come to the rescue?
The suspence is killing me!
My Thanks for this Week:
- Mom coming home (I know, I mentioned that already, but a person can mention something like that twice)
- Comfortable sort of stylish sweats in petite size that don’t look like old people clothes, and finding a few more pairs 😀
- Good popcorn
- Time away
- A family man who is loads of fun jumping at micro gravity in a very embarrassing harness 😉 he knows how to have a good time!
- Good food I didn’t have to cook for about six days. What a week off!
- Laundry I’m able to do (that one is a stretch…I’m VERY behind
- A day off soccer…to do my laundry
- New watercolors…costing less than I thought
- $1 stamps…making up for the difference 😦
- Feeling inspired
- Free in new areas to pursue
Entry filed under: Everyday.