1000 Gifts ’09: 476-490
As part of my searching for what to focus on next in writing, I am starting back up my list of “Gifts” as part of the “Gratitude Community”. I started in the fall. The exercise and discipline and joy it brought to my life changed me, only I needed to take a break from it through holidays.
In not finding much to write about that truly edifies the hearer or my spirit lately, I’ve decided it is just the season for it again, now, here, just in time for Lent! How fun this will be again!
I’m increasingly thankful God has placed exemplary women in my path who shine brightest during hard times. How I have much to live up to!
Sign seen in a local store today. Love the message, though I wouldn’t hang it in my home. My family might take it the wrong way!
- order, calm, purpose, service: seeing my husband gravitate to the one clean sofa I straightened after he came down from putting the younger children to bed. He may not have “noticed” or “thanked”, but he enjoyed, he moved there by nature, and I saw it.
- Having sick food supplies on hand. Thank you, Lord for giving me a peace about stocking up without sale bills the other day!
- Cardinals pecking from my re-filled bird feeders. A whole family: new baby, already taking flight, pecking at seeds having fallen to the ground I spilled. My clumsy= it’s sustenance.
- Hand-made cards. I repent for my prior attitude toward women who made them and for saying I’d “never do it”.
- Simple joy of work completed
- Clean surfaces
- Strength/time to move things out we are not using.
- The joy of reflecting, putting to words
- Promise: “Your strength will equal your days.” [Deut. 33:26])
- Sincere Compliment from The Hub–work noticed
Entry filed under: Everyday.