1000 Gifts: 236-246
I am thankful today for:
- days when I can’t do as much as I want or need to yet others around me keep on keeping on anyway.
- days when a lot gets knocked off my list, even though there is a lot left on it.
- days when I can train my kids to do some things… not argue, fuss, and fight…though a heavy hand is needed. I need them home “bored” to do that.
- days when it seems the lists are impossible, but God’s name is POSSIBLE; I keep going anyway.
- days when hormones keep me at the verge of either tears or a short temper. It means there is a heart in me that still feels, amidst all the “living”. An emotional flushing and testing happens in these times, may as well be thankful for it, for it doesn’t go away, not for now anyway.
- days when there is a reward to look forward to…a husband who is willing to stop work to reward.
- days when I have to rely on the Lord
- days when I give myself a final hour to work hard…and tasks get done.
- days mixed with fussing and laughing…enjoying children’s ability to bounce back and recover from hard disciplines.
- Seeing the kids grow in skills they could not do in year’s past. Now, they are sorting their own clothes for the season…two of them, and doing it well, praise God! It only took 12 years of training. (Whew.)
Have you been tempted to join The Thankful Community this year? It’s new to me, but I think I’ll be glad that I did. Only thanks…just keep giving thanks, in all things. This is good practice for me. He turns my mourning in dancing…and perhaps these disciplines are the way as to how.