This is a Very Exciting Post
Not really, but it’s healthy to keep journaling sometimes, even when you don’t feel like it. For the sake of routine. Meaning. Substance.
For the sake of moving forward and seeing yourself move, not getting stuck.
I’m emotionally tired today. Spiritually tired. I need a good quiet time to recharge me for the activities of the week. Even after Sunday, with all that goes on, sometimes, I still need a good Monday quiet time to start the week off right.
This AM, so far:
- played tennis with my son, teaching him some basic strokes…hard for him to learn how long it takes to get the basics down well.
- had enough favorite cereal stocked up to make one girl happy this morning.
- bought groceries and am cooking ahead ground chuck (2 lbs.) and chicken breasts for quick meals. We’ll sure need it this week: fitting in two revivals, three meetings and one meet
- on the way home, ate a little bity container of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream –came with it’s own spoon for that purpose for $.99. Is that of God or what?
- I also tried new Cranberry flavored Sierra Mist. Love it.
- Red said this morning going out the door, “Could you come have lunch with me at school today, Mom?” You bet, Tiger. His friends all told me I was “a good opener”. I opened all their muffins and catsup packages.
- was also told there that I was a “really fast orange eater”. I didn’t realize.
- both of these made me smile.
- paid up kid’s lunch accounts.
- did dishes in the laundry room because we hit a snag with the wrong connectors last night getting my new kitchen faucet installed.
Sale Alert: Name brand batteries at the front of Kroger for $2.00 per package. Add the $1 off coupon on the packages, and you get any size batteries for $1. Just the smaller packs, but still. I think we eat batteries in my house.
List Remaining: quiet time, refresher nap, sanding and spackling, laundry, get kids, straighten mail and phone drawer.
Then…prepare supper. I don’t know what we are having, but surely with some cooked beef and chicken, I can come up with something quick. Perhaps Mexican.
What are you cooking up this week? What’s up with you?
Entry filed under: Everyday.