Fall Break–A Busy Week for The Mom
Man, I wish I had more time to tell ya’ll what was going on, but there is so much going on that I don’t have much time to blog…or I’m too exhausted to do so. Here’s a short list:
- Phones came! Yeah! Cannot retrieve old info because cannot move old info to SIM card to put in new phone. Still trying to figure out a workaround.
- Got both phones up, activated, and running here at home.
- Get refunds dealt with for phones.
- Had five kids here last night and today…fall fun!
- Planning rock wall climbing…fun!
- Getting front window installed…one more thing off the list.
- Door to get installed Friday, hopefully. We’ve been waiting a long forever on an endless waiting list for contractors to have a bit of time. Yeah!
- Scrapbooks came for the kids school books. Yeah!
- My Square Giga Marvey Punch Came. Yeah!
- Putting together my “Week in the Life” project from last week, feeling a little lost without my camera after a fun week with that project. I highly recommend it. It made me feel so thankful and “present” not lost in memories or worry…but making every day an experience of full thanksgiving. I see my mind still capturing moments as they occur…granting them the gift of my smile and appreciation.
Yeah, there is stuff. And LOTS of dishes and laundry and picking up after a bunch of people.
But, I’m loving it. I love Fall Break.
I can’t wait for a few days to just enjoy my people.
And I love you people, too. I love having you around. Thanks for loving me and keeping up with me and celebrating with me and for just doing your thing.
A few things I’m doing to make life easier on myself:
- shop for food regularly so that we have meals on hand…this has made our lives SO much more peaceful. I feel so much more prepared, loving, and can use my time to play when I don’t feel like cooking and getting the kitchen dirty. Get ahead. Cook double and freeze. It is SO worth it, I’m telling you. I’ve frozen leftoevers in the past, but I’ve never had this kind of fun and variety in it before.
- Digital scrapbooking my own books. I have everyday photos that get lost in the “just stuff I like” computer files. I bought Dollar Tree glossy paper in 8.5X11 AND 4X6. I’m cutting the papers down and quickly making myself an album of MY LIFE. It’s just so much fun to see how much I’VE grown. You sure don’t stop when you are 18. Sometimes you feel like the developmental books end there, but let me tell you if you don’t already know…you are still becoming. Boy! Am I glad!
- Cleaning dishes each night before the next big cooking meal.
- Staying caught up on laundry. This is the first season in my life I’ve had a laundry schedule of sorts and a clean laundry room for this many weeks running. It is AWESOME. I feel much more balanced and in order when that is taken care of each week. Buying better organizers for that room is something I never would have done and am so glad The Hub kept suggesting it, though I thought my system was “just find, thank you very much.”
- E-Bay: That’s where I bought our generic USB phone connector for $5.00, and two phone chargers shipped from China for $4.00 no shipping. How, I do not know. But, I just know that I can’t justify the time of running them down right now for that little extra, even if I could find them at a dollar store.
- Wal*Mart: I bought a lot of fall filler clothes there this season because I can’t justify shopping days away, gas, or time we need on house projects we are enjoying. Keep it simple, sister! I love not having to do those shopping things withour precious family time this year!
- Games. Playing some games with my kids. I’m off to one right now!
So, spill it…what are some things you are cramming your week with, and what are you doing to make it easier on yourself to enjoy life more?
Entry filed under: Everyday.